- Steak and Eggs
- Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener
- Food and Drink
- dirty and clean
- black and white
- oil and water
- sweet and hot (spicy)
- sweet and sour
- Peanut Butter and Jelly...
OK, so you get the point...
Some things go together naturally as a pair, and others go together because they are essentially opposite in nature. Strawberries and Cream just seem to fit together - and this is why they are so good...sweet and creamy in one place at one time. This has GOT to be good!
The recipe is simple:
1. Wash fresh strawberries, if clean and frozen skip to step 2.
2, Using a small knife, remove the leaves from the strawberries. I usually put the knife in, facing the center of the leaves, at an angle of around 60 degrees. This means that if you are close enough to the center you will waste very little of the strawberry.
3. Quarter the strawberries by placing large end down and making 2 cuts from the tip to the bottom.
4. Spread the strawberries out, then sprinkle them with Splenda or with Sugar. The amount will vary, as some strawberries are sweeter than others. I start with a Tablespoon on fruit that are not too sweet and go from there. You can add a little more just before serving, if you like.
5. Let the sugar or Splenda sit for a few minutes to allow the sweetener to mix with the natural juices of the berries.
6. After 3 to 5 minutes, drizzle some heavy whipping cream over the strawberries. Hint: If you can't see the strawberries, you probably have too much whipping cream. Remember that fats should be an indulgence here - this is not supposed to be cream and strawberries...
7. Eat it and enjoy - which is what I am going to do with my strawberries and cream now.
Have an awesome day, and God Bless You and Yours!