There are literally dozens of great recipes for guacamole. Some are very simple, while others are more complex. This recipe is simple and to the point. It is a recipe that you should make an hour or so before you plan on serving it so the flavors can blend. I used lemon and pepper seasoning in the recipe to simplify it. If you don't have lemon and pepper you can just use fresh lemon or lime, some pepper, and some salt to approximate what I have done here.
1 large bowl (2-4 quart size)
1 large kitchen spoon
fork or potato masher
4 to 7 ripe Avocados
1/2 medium onion
1 jalapeño pepper
1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cut avocados down the center length-wise.
- Separate the halves of the avocado by twisting gently, remove the seed, and spoon out the avocado from the skin and place into a bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and place it into the bowl.
- Slice the jalapeño down the center length-wise.
- Depending on how spicy you like your guacamole, you may need to devein and deseed the pepper.
- Finely dice the jalapeño, then place it in the bowl.
- Add garlic powder and lemon pepper.
- Mix well by mashing up ingredients with a fork or masher. Adjust seasonings to taste.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have an awesome day and God bless You and Yours!