Quesadillas - Quick and Easy
If you like Mexican cuisine, you have probably had quesadillas. They are traditionally made by melting cheese along with chilis or salsa in betweem two flour tortillas. I have seen these with both crisp and soft tortillas, but by far my favorites are the crisp ones.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for awesome appetizer.
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Diced, Peeled Green Chilis or Jalapeños
Butter or Oil to brown the Quesadillas in
Pizza Cutter (optional)
- Turn your stove on medium heat
- Place the pan on the burner
- Place a pat of butter, margarine or some oil in the pan
- Once oil is hot, place a flour tortilla in the pan
- Cover tortilla with onions, cheese and chilis
- Place a tortilla on top of the filling
- Cook until the cheese melts, then flip the quesadilla over
- Brown on second side to desired crispness
- Flip quesadilla over again if you want the first side more crisp
- Plate the quesadilla, then slice into quarters or eighths
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole
Hope you like the recipe. Have a great day and God Bless you and yours. Check out the video of this wonderful snack.